In some unforeseen situations you have to cancel your flight ticket completely or cancel on a particular date and then book on a later date. Like all international airlines, British Airways also allow canceling flight tickets. However, it is always better if you read the cancellation policy of the airline so that you know in advance when to cancel so that you don’t have to pay the price of canceling or at least you can save some money. First, let us see how can I cancel my British Airways flight?
Step to cancel British Airways Flight Ticket:
- Open your web browser.
- Open the official website of the airline www.britisharways.com.
- Now, you will see the “Manage” tab on the home page. When you click on this you see a drop-down display where you see “My Bookings” on the left side of the display window.
- You need to enter “Booking Reference” and “Last name of passenger” under the “My Bookings”.
- After that, you need to click the “Find my booking” button at the bottom.
- Now, you will see your flight bookings where you have the option to cancel your ticket.
- If you are required to pay some cancellation charges you need to pay that to complete your cancellation process.
This is how can I cancel my British Airways flight. If you have to make a new ticket there you can do that also.
About British airways ticket cancellation Charges
Now, if you know the British Airways cancellation policy in advance you can save money and get a refund also. Here is the cancellation policy in brief where you can also see British airways ticket cancellation charges.
- If you cancel your flight ticket up to 24 hours from when you made the original booking, you can claim a full refund without any penalty.
- Any cancellation you make after 24 hours of booking, you may be entitled to a refund depending upon the type of ticket you booked. For different types of ticket categories, refunds would vary.
- If you cancel your ticket after 24 hours you need to pay British airways ticket cancellation charges which are $10 (if you cancel online); $25 (if you cancel on phone); $35 (if you cancel at an airport ticket office).
- If you are canceling your flight online you cannot cancel just one or two person’s tickets and leave the remaining passengers booking intact. If you want to do this you need to call the customer support team of British Airways.
- To get a refund you should cancel your ticket online or by calling the contact center of the airline.
These are some basic British Airways cancellation policy.